Monday, May 6, 2013

What a Beauty!

Yes it's been a long time since I posted here. I lived for a year in an area devoid of thrift stores, and garage sales...it was quite depressing. I'm now in beautiful Asheville, NC, which is full of thrift shops. garage sales and auctions. My first foray into garage sale-ing here, led me to this beauty which I didn't buy at first. It was a bit too pricey so I left the sale, but couldn't stop thinking about it. An hour and a half later I went back, and the bird cage was amazingly still there. I offered $20 for it, and the seller accepted.

IMG_0418
When I got it home I saw that it had the name, "Hendricks," on it, and after a little research, discovered its quite collectable and sells for over $100 on Etsy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a bargain! Don't ya just love it?

Unknown said...

People will really appreciate the thrifty collections which you have shared through your post. The bird cage which you have shown in your post is really amazing. People shop from thrift stores for treasure hunts and to avail great offers and discounts. Online thrift store makes shopping easier by bringing all your desired thrifty finds right at your doorstep.