Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness.

I got a call from my mom the other day as she was shopping at her Goodwill store. She had been looking for forks for her neighborhood club house and found a big under the bed bin full of junk and pieces of silverware. She started pulling out all the forks with other shoppers stopping to help her on her search. As she was going to the cashier to pay for the pieces, she looked at the back and saw that they were sterling silver. For .25 a piece. She called to ask me if she should go back and buy all the other pieces. I exclaimed yes! Its a good thing here hearing isn't what it used to be because I'm sure my enthusiasm would have damaged her hearing. She went back and pulled out all the other pieces she could find and came up with 3 complete place settings and some serving pieces, all for under $8. I went to Amazon and found that a four piece place setting sells for $458. This is her pattern, Joan of Ark, by International Silver. Isn't it gorgeous?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! good buy!! thats almost a house payment!!

Marigene said...

What a fabulous find...I would have snatched them up, too!

Anonymous said...

This is the type of post that makes me look at things (like silverware) I might usually pass by.

Anonymous said...

Especially great find since they're saying that silver prices are going to skyrocket this year :-) Congrats!!