Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things Like This Make Me Happy

I bought a bag of broken, beak-less, legless craft birds at a garage sale for 50cents last year. I had no idea what I would do with them, I just knew that I had to buy them. I had picked this finial up at another garage sale a few years back and it had been sitting in my garage because I didn't know where to put it in my house.



Then yesterday afternoon, I had a vision. I painted the bird green, carved him a new beak out of a wine cork, and made some legs out of floral wire.



I'm very happy with how it turned out.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love those birds. I always buy them too, and then I don't know what to do with them. I guess they just fascinate me :)

Chris said...

Just checking back to see if you had any new finds... :)

I was tagged by The City Sage, so I've extended that tag to you. Check out my blog tomorrow and see what it's all about (I'm posting my tag list tomorrow).